What will be the match result?
Kolossos Rhodes Wins or Single Digit Loss
@ PAOK Wins by Double Digits
Kolossos Rhodes last 5 overall results: 4-1
Kolossos Rhodes last 5 road results: 3-2
PAOK last 5 overall results: 3-2
PAOK last 5 home results: 3-2
Head to head results:
12/27/2014: PAOK: 69 @Kolossos Rhodes 67
01/19/20124:PAOK: 49 @ Kolossos Rhodes: 62
10/12/2013:Kolossos Rhodes: 81 @ PAOK: 88
PAOK -9.5: (-119)
Kolossos Rhodes +9.5: (-105)
• This will be a Greek A1 League contest between two well-rounded clubs, but PAOK is significantly the better team, let alone the fact that they will have home-court advantage.
• PAOK has been showing signs of weakness as of late in front of their crowd, with home losses to Panathinaikos and Olympiacos, but their dominance against weaker competition hasn’t faded quite as much.
• Kolossos has been 1-4 in their last five meetings with teams currently ranked in the league’s top five. Two of these losses (vs powerhouses Panathinaikos and Olympiacos) were by double-digits. On the road, they are considerably less reliable.
• Both sides own very similar offenses statistically. However, PAOK has allowed 5.4 less points per game from their opponents and have one of the finest defenses in Greece. The Eagles also outscore their opponents by 2.5, whereas teams outscore Kolossos by nearly the same number of points a night.
• Kolossos lost star Mike James in December, but former D-League guard Dominic Waters has been doing just fine in his absence and now leads the Greek League in assists. Waters will be tested by the likes of opposing top scorer T.J. Carter in the game that awaits.
• Watch for the inside match-up between both teams’ big men. Julian Vaughn is a solid forward that leads PAOK in rebounds and crushes the offensive glass. Meanwhile, Kolossos owns a duo of indomitable shot-blockers in Taylor Smith and Jamelle Haggins, who will offer Vaughn a tough test.
• PAOK hasn’t ever been taken down by Kolossos on home floor, but they haven’t managed a double-digit win in many years. The Eagles prevailed by 2 points in Rhodes in their sole encounter with the other team this season. In this game, PAOK’s impact forward Julian Vaughn was limited to only 5 minutes.
• They haven’t been doing their very best recently—nearly letting bottom-ranked Panionios rally from behind in Thessaloniki and crumbling in Eurocup competition—but they will be frantic to compete with the top dogs of Greece once more and will do everything to get this big victory.
StreakSmarts pick: PAOK Wins by Double Digits